How a lot baggage are you able to carry within the cabin ? What kind of bags are you able to transport within the cabin ? What to pack in your cabin baggage ? Dimension, weight, quantity, permitted equipment, and many others. Right here is all the data required for getting ready your cabin baggage and travelling with Air Corsica.
Cabin baggage definition
To journey comfortably with Air Corsica, solely maintain handy the objects crucial on your well-being in the course of the flight. That is “cabin baggage ” or “hand baggage” all different baggage should be checked-in to the maintain. You have to determine it : tackle labels can be found within the airports.
Variety of luggage permitted within the cabin
Just one merchandise of hand baggage is permitted within the cabin + presumably one or two equipment reminiscent of: a purse or briefcase, a movie digicam, a digicam, a small transportable pc or merchandise the identical dimension or smaller.
Your accent should be capable to match beneath the seat in entrance of you, besides if you’re seated in an emergency exit row. On this case, the accent should be positioned within the plane’s overhead stowage compartments.
The objects beneath should not thought-about to be both baggage or accent, however they are often carried within the cabin beneath sure situations :
- Jacket, coat or every other merchandise of clothes carried.
- Tax-free objects bought on board or on the airport.
- Particular baggage reminiscent of folding pushchairs, automobile seats, nappy luggage, medical tools (crutches, and many others.), animal journey bag.
Please notice : a go well with bag is taken into account to be customary cabin baggage, not an adjunct.
Weight and dimensions of bags permitted within the cabin
Cabin baggage should not exceed a most of 55 cm in size x 35 cm in width x 25 cm in depth (wheels and handles included). It might not exceed a most weight of eight kg on the ATR72 aircrafts and 12 kg on the AIRBUS A320s.
Restrictions on the ATR: flights operated on ATR72s have restricted stowage area within the cabin. You could be requested to examine your hand baggage into the maintain in accordance with the present process “ baggage taken and returned on the foot of the aeroplane ”. Thus, whenever you board the aeroplane, your hand baggage will probably be positioned within the maintain and you may be given it after touchdown.
Gadgets to maintain in your cabin baggage
- Worthwhile objects: keys, cell telephones (turned off), essential id paperwork, cash, valuables, jewelry, and many others.
- Fragile objects: digicam, laptop computer (turned off), pill, breakables, and many others.
- Liquids topic to particular restrictions (see beneath).
Cabin baggage for infants beneath the age of two years
For an toddler beneath the age of two years who doesn’t have a seat booked, you may solely carry one merchandise of hand baggage with the objects required to care on your child. The utmost dimensions of this merchandise of bags are 55 x 35 x 25 cm (size x width x depth) and should not weigh greater than 10 kg on the Airbus and eight kg on the ATR. If there’s area beneath the seat in entrance of you or within the overhead stowage compartment, you may carry a small foldable pushchair as hand baggage, if not, you’ll have to examine it in freed from cost as maintain baggage.
Gadgets prohibited within the cabin
Sure objects current a danger to your security and that of different passengers. Test the data beneath earlier than inserting these things in your cabin baggage.
To your security, the next articles are strictly forbidden on board.
If crucial, they are going to be confiscated at safety :
- Knives and every other sharp, blunt, steel or different object that may very well be used as a weapon (examples: nail scissors, razor blade, and many others.).
- Cartridges and ammunition for looking rifles and/or sports activities rifles.
- To or from the USA, cartridges of greater than 453 g.
- Perfumes over 100 ml per bottle.
- Beauty aerosols over 100 ml per bottle.
- Lighter fluid.
- Electrolyte batteries.
- Fireworks, squibs, flares, misery flares, toy pistols, firelighters, tear fuel.
- Tenting stoves, fuel canisters, scuba tanks.
- Paint, varnish, lacquer.
- Poisonous, infectious or radioactive materials.
- Chemical merchandise, fertiliser, weed killer, pesticides, pesticides.
- Ache strippers, bleach, chlorine, detergent.
- Flammable liquids reminiscent of gasoline, diluent, solvent, acetone.
- Mercury thermometers and barometers.
- Electrical weapons, for instance tasers.
- Samsung Galaxy Notice 7 smartphones. These telephones can’t be carried on board, in your hand baggage, or in your checked in baggage. There may be presently no possibility for transporting them by aircraft.
- Self-propelled electrically-powered automobiles reminiscent of Hoverboards, electrical unicycles, Segways, and many others.
This record is just not exhaustive.
Merchandise of animal origin
The air transport (within the cabin, maintain or as freight) of any meat merchandise from wild animals is strictly prohibited within the European Union. Passengers violating this prohibition face felony sanctions*. Additional info on the French Ministry of Agriculture, Meals and Forestry web site.
*In response to Article L.237-Three of the French Rural and Maritime Fisheries Code.
Rechargeable lithium batteries
Rechargeable lithium batteries and AA lithium batteries for laptops, cell telephones, DVD gamers and medical tools, can solely be transported within the cabin as hand baggage. Every rechargeable battery should be positioned in its unique packaging. If you happen to not have the unique packaging, you may cowl the terminals with electrical tape to isolate them and place every battery individually in a plastic bag. The transport of broken or faulty batteries, or batteries recalled by the producer is prohibited.
Particular laws for transporting liquid within the cabin
Particular laws apply to liquids, lotions, pastes, gels and aerosols. You could transport these things in your hand baggage solely in small portions (most 100 ml per merchandise). All objects should be positioned in a single, clear plastic bag with a complete capability of as much as 1 litre. The bag should be closed and objects should match simply inside. Just one clear plastic bag is permitted per passenger. At safety, you may be requested to current your plastic bag containing these liquid objects individually.
These laws don’t apply to the next :
- Child meals that will probably be consumed in the course of the flight.
- Treatment to be taken in the course of the flight, on situation that you’ve got a prescription or physician’s letter.
- Particular meals for dietary restrictions that will probably be consumed in the course of the flight.
How can I save time at safety?
Current the next objects individually out of your hand baggage:
- Liquid objects positioned in a sealed, clear plastic bag.
- Your laptop computer faraway from its case.
- Your coat or jacket.
Buy of duty-free liquids
If you need to carry objects that you’ve got purchased within the airport’s duty-free on board with you, it is very important know that if:
Your journey is happening inside the European Union*: You should buy liquids within the airport duty-free or on-board, on the situation that they’re positioned in a sealed plastic bag and accompanied by proof of buy.
You might be departing from a Non-European nation and your connection will probably be in a European airport*: Don’t purchase liquid articles within the duty-free exterior of the European Union or on board as they are going to be confiscated at safety throughout your connection.
* Together with Norway Iceland and Switzerland.
Baggage coverage for our companions and connecting flights
Please notice that when a flight is operated by an plane from one other firm as a code share flight the situations of the working firm will apply on all or a part of the flight itinerary. For extra info, please contact your journey agent or the corporate involved.
You probably have a connecting flight, and will probably be travelling on a flight operated by one other firm, the bags transport guidelines of that firm apply. They are often completely different. We invite you subsequently to seek the advice of the web site of the corporate in query and to look at essentially the most restrictive situations on your cabin baggage.