Japanese media franchise based mostly on manga from Sanrio
Cinnamoroll (Japanese: シナモロール, Hepburn: Shinamorōru) is a personality collection created by Sanrio in 2001, with character designs from Miyuki Okumura. The primary character, Cinnamon, is a white pet with lengthy ears, blue eyes, pink cheeks, and a plump and curly tail that resembles a cinnamon roll. He starred in his personal manga collection, an anime film and numerous animation shorts.
In its preliminary run, the collection expanded into two official aspect collection: Cinnamoangels (シナモエンジェルス, Shinamoenjerusu) in 2005, which focuses on Azuki, Mocha and Chiffon and Lloromannic (ルロロマニック, Ruroromanikku) in 2007, which focuses on each Berry and Cherry.
In the future, whereas the proprietor of Café Cinnamon was admiring the sky, a tiny white pet got here floating by, trying identical to a small, fluffy cloud. She thought, “Possibly he caught a whiff of the cinnamon rolls and got here to examine them out.” The proprietor of the café was right. The curious little pet took a shine to the café proprietor and her scrumptious cinnamon rolls, so he determined to remain. Since his tail was plump and curled up like a cinnamon roll, she determined to name him Cinnamon. Cinnamon turned immediately common with clients and shortly turned Café Cinnamon’s official mascot. Now, when he’s not napping on the café terrace, Cinnamon flies across the city on the lookout for enjoyable and new adventures together with his mates Chiffon, Mocha, Espresso, Cappuccino, and Little Milk.
- Cinnamon (シナモン, Shinamon)
- Voiced by: Taeko Kawata
- Cinnamon (born March 6) is a male white and chubby pet with lengthy ears that allows him to fly. He has blue eyes, pink cheeks and a plump and curly tail that resembles a cinnamon roll. The proprietor of Cafe Cinnamon, a bit cafe, seemed up and noticed a white pet floating out of the sky like a fluffy cloud. The proprietor thought that he got here as a result of he smelled her cinnamon rolls. The pet has a curly tail identical to a cinnamon roll, so she known as him Cinnamon. Cinnamon turned immediately common with clients and shortly turned Café Cinnamon’s official mascot. Now, when he’s not napping on the café terrace, Cinnamon flies across the city on the lookout for enjoyable and new adventures together with his mates.
- Cappuccino (カプチーノ, Kapuchīno)
- Voiced by: Rei Sakuma
- Cappuccino (born June 27) is a male pet residing in the home with the crimson roof throughout the road from Cafe Cinnamon. He likes to go at his personal tempo, eat so much, and take naps. Cappuccino is straightforward to acknowledge by his mouth, which is rather like a cup of cappuccino and likes consuming, however his favourite factor of all is napping. He’s the glutton of the bunch and really chubby. He additionally loves bug catching which is his favourite exercise. When Coco and Nuts have been launched in 2007, Cappuccino has turned a brother and appears out for the duo.
- Chiffon (シフォン, Shifon)
- Voiced by: Ikue Ōtani
- Chiffon (born January 14) is a feminine pet residing proper by a lush, inexperienced park and is essentially the most energetic of the pups. Chiffon conjures up her mates and does not sweat the small stuff. Her ears, that are fluffy like a chiffon cake, are her standout function. She can also be a Tomboy and he or she likes to play tennis. She has a delicate aspect in relation to animals. She loves sports activities and goals of successful a gold medal on the Olympics in the future. Cinnamon has a crush on her and can also be an animal lover. Alongside Mocha and Azuki, they make up the three-girl idol group Cinnamonangels and wears a trendy hat. Chiffon’s ear and tail coloration are normally brown, although generally it is colored orange as seen within the manga and really hardly ever pink.
- Espresso (エスプレッソ, Esupuresso)
- Voiced by: Ryoko Shiraishi
- Espresso (born December 4) is a male pet residing close to the park within the largest home round. Espresso could be very clever and well-bred, however he will get lonely and whines generally. He is recognized for his distinguished Mozart coiffure. His proprietor is a well-known actress, and his dad is a widely known film director. Espresso is very good at drawing, portray and music. However he can’t sleep with out his favourite blanket which makes him whine and cry like a tragic pet so very a lot. Within the Manga, He wears a crimson or inexperienced Beret and crimson or inexperienced kerchief.
- Mocha (モカ, Moka)
- Voiced by: Yumi Kakazu
- Mocha (born February 20) is a feminine pet residing in a white home on high of a hill. She’s a trendy chatterbox and likewise the “large sister” of the bunch, at all times searching for others. Mocha is understood for her silky chocolate-brown fur and her pink bows with flowers. She has a crush on Cinnamon and loves vogue and getting dressed up however doesn’t like bell peppers or bugs. She is the girly lady of the group. Within the Manga, Mocha’s fur coloration is gentle brown and he or she is seen carrying totally different hair equipment moreover her pink flowers. Alongside Chiffon and Azuki, they make up the three-girl idol group Cinnamoangels and the chief of the group.
- Milk (みるく, Miruku)
- Voiced by: Ikue Ōtani
- Milk (born February 4) is a child male pup residing near the park in a home with a chimney. The smallest and youngest of the pups, he likes being cuddled and can whine and cry if he does not have his favourite pacifier. Milk might be acknowledged by his blue Pacifier and the only curl of child hair on high of his head. He can get spoiled generally. He needs to be identical to Cinnamon when he grows up. His pacifier is his most prized possession, and he’s expert at gulping down giant portions of milk. Milk cannot speak so the one phrases he can say are “Ba-Boo”.
- Cornet (コルネ, Korune)
- Cornet is a unicorn child who lives within the sky above the clouds. He has a light-weight blue coat, a pink mane and tail and his horn is formed like an ice cream cone.
- Coco (ココ, Koko)
- Coco (born July 25) is child male pup who wears a crimson scarf round his neck. He alongside together with his twin brother Nuts have been rescued by Cinnamon when a white stork received shocked by lightning throughout a thunderstorm, inflicting the bag to fall from its beak. Cinnamon, shortly flew right down to catch the bag that the stork was carrying. By the point Cinnamon landed on the bottom. He opened the bag to disclose that two new child puppies have been inside. Cinnamon then carried Coco and Nuts to Cafe Cinnamon to present them a brand new residence. Coco’s fur coloration is gentle brown and has a white spot on his mouth like his large brother Cappuccino and his twin brother Nuts. Coco and his brother Nuts each have totally different type ears. Coco and Nuts each seem within the fifth quantity of the manga, the place Cinnamon babysits the 2 whereas Cappuccino is away.
- Nuts (ナッツ, Nattsu)
- Nuts (born July 25) is a child male pup who wears a blue scarf round his neck. He’s extra curious than his brother Coco and is commonly seen sleeping. Nut’s Fur coloration is similar as Coco’s fur coloration. Nuts alongside together with his twin brother Coco seem within the fifth quantity of the manga, the place Cinnamon babysits the 2 whereas Cappuccino is away.
- Poron (ポロン, Poron)
- Poron is a feminine gentle pink pet who wears a puffy gentle blue bow on her head, and owns a time compass which helps her on her journey with Cinnamon. She is the third feminine buddy of Cinnamon. She is a time traveler and one given day, she dropped out of the sky on Cinnamoroll’s fluffy head. They turned mates and go on adventures with Cornet. She was first launched on Cinnamoroll’s Japanese Twitter account, in April 2014. Her physique is fluffy like clouds and her tail additionally resembles an angel wing. She additionally makes occasional appearances on the official Cinnamoroll Twitter account.
- Azuki (アズキ, Azuki)
- Voiced by: Masako Okōchi
- Azuki (born September 25) is a feminine pet who goals to turn into an idol. She is ladylike, however generally a bit bit off by way of persona. She is answerable for the Cinnamoangels’ manners, fortune-telling and likewise practices calligraphy and flower association in hopes of changing into a real Japanese woman.
- Berry (べリー, Berī)
- Voiced by: Kōki Miyata (Onegai♪My Melody Kirara★)
- Berry (born June 6) is the male demon with ram horns and black bat wings, who has the flexibility to remodel right into a extra devilish kind; his ram horns flip into satan’s horns, gold eyes, grows sharp fangs, adjustments colours from medium-grey to dark-black, skeleton wings, sharp talon-like claws, and his voice adjustments. He appears to have the expertise of creating potions. Each Berry and Cherry would undergo their magic mirror to enter into the human world to play methods on kids whereas they sleep. The duo concern daytime and would cover within the closet or drawers, if they do not make it residence in time till night time returns. They’re mates with a bat, a magical lantern and a jack o’ lantern. Berry serves as a narrator within the anime Onegai♪My Melody Kirara★, alongside Cherry.
- Cherry (チェリー, Cherī)
- Voiced by: Fujiko Takimoto (Onegai♪My Melody Kirara★)
- Cherry (born September 9) is a feminine demon and Berry’s partner-in-crime; who was created when Berry by accident used a jar of salt that had its label coated by one other, written as “sugar”. When Cherry transforms into her devilish kind, her light-black closed bat wing ears develop into dark-black opened bat wings, her black eyes into fandango eyes, her high hat disappears, her tooth into fangs, and her voice adjustments. Cherry likes to play jokes on Berry. Cherry additionally has a crush on Espresso. Each Berry and Cherry would undergo their magic mirror to enter into the human world to play methods on kids whereas they sleep. The duo concern daytime and would cover within the closet or drawers, if they do not make it residence in time till night time returns. They’re mates with a bat, a magical lantern and a jack o’ lantern. Cherry serves as a narrator within the anime Onegai♪My Melody Kirara★, alongside Berry.
- Anna (アンナ, Anna)
- Voiced by: Satomi Ishihara
- A human feminine that owns Cafe Cinnamon. Earlier than 2005, she was largely unseen and solely talked about in Cinnamon’s character biography. Her first illustrated look was within the manga collection “Fluffy Fluffy Cinnamoroll” the place she was illustrated by Yumi Tsukirino the place she performs a minor function. She finally received a redesign within the later volumes the place she was given eyes. The Cafe proprietor was later named “Anna” within the 2007 movie “Cinnamon The Film”. Within the movie she was given a 3rd redesign the place she wears a pink and crimson gown and depicted with gentle crimson hair. Within the movie, she first meets Cinnamon whereas driving on her bike again to the Cafe Cinnamon (Named Cafe Terrace) the place Cinnamon falls into her cart. She later will get kidnapped by Chowder’s custard monster and plans on marrying her. In Sanrio’s official character illustrations by Miyuki Okumura. She is normally seen from the legs up.
- Chowder (チャウダー, Chaudā)
- Voiced by: Tomonori Jinnai
- Chowder is a personality unique to “Cinnamon The Film” and the principle antagonist of the film. Chowder’s a wizard creature that lives in a forest near the Cafe. He first discovers Cinnamon from his crystal ball whereas watching Cinnamon assembly Anna and heading straight to the cafe. He decides to shortly comply with Anna’s bike straight to the Cafe secretly. He decides to forged a spell that summons a monster product of custard together with his magic spell inflicting Cinnamon and his mates to get separated from the cafe proprietor leaving Chowder with Cinnamon and mates. Mocha together with Chiffon, and Espresso are consistently upset and untrustworthy with Chowder all through the movie. Ultimately, Chowder regrets his resolution and later apologizes to Cinnamon and his mates and the Cafe proprietor for the chaos he created on the finish of the movie. Anna together with Cinnamon and mates later throw a celebration on the Cafe after Chowder has a change of coronary heart.
When he was first created by Sanrio in 2001, he was known as Child Cinnamon. A yr later he was “renamed” Cinnamoroll, to treatment any issues with the registration of the mark abroad, nonetheless he’s now known as in each methods, but additionally extra merely Cinnamon. As of 2007, Cinnamoroll’s authentic title “Child Cinnamon” is not being utilized by Sanrio and is formally known as “Cinnamoroll”. In Japan, he’s nonetheless named “Cinnamoroll” however he’s largely known as “Cinnamon”.
Anime and Video
A film based mostly on the character titled Cinnamon The Film (シナモン The Film, Shinamon THE MOVIE) was produced by Madhouse Studios and was launched in Japan on December 22, 2007. The movie was double-billed alongside one other Madhouse animated movie Nezumi Monogatari – George to Gerald no Bōken. It’s directed by Gisaburō Sugii (Night time on the Galactic Railroad) and written by Mari Okada (Toradora!, Anohana: The Flower We Noticed That Day, Cellular Swimsuit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans). Tohoshinki carried out the film’s ending tune titled “Collectively”.
Different Cinnamoroll movies embrace “Zēnbu! Cinnamon”, “Cinnamon no Himitsu no Tobira”, “ABCinnamon Eigo de Asobo!” and titles within the Sanrio Pokoapoko collection.
In 2005, stop-motion collection “Hi there Kitty Stump Village”. Cinnamoroll is without doubt one of the fundamental characters subsequent to Hi there Kitty, My Melody, Pom Pom Purin, and Badtz-Maru. Within the 2008, animated CGI TV collection The Adventures of Hi there Kitty & Buddies Cinnamoroll is a minor character, and debuts in an episode known as “Cinnamoroll Cafe” the place he’s constructing his personal cafe. However, is simply too shy to ask for assist.
Cinnamoroll can also be the host of the boat journey attraction known as “Sanrio Character Boat Experience” at Sanrio Puroland and Harmonyland the place he invitations friends to attend Hi there Kitty and Pricey Daniel’s wedding ceremony.
Video video games
Cinnamoroll shortly turned the star of video video games. There are 4 video video games that function him and his mates. The earliest video video games have been “Cinnamoroll Koko ni Iruyo” which was launched in Japan in 2004, and “Cinnamoroll FuwaFuwa Daibouken” which was launched in Japan in 2005 which have been just for the Sport Boy Advance. Nintendo additionally made two Nintendo DS video games known as “Cinnamoroll: Ohanashi shiyo! – Kira Kira DE Kore Cafe” made in 2006, and a Pinball sport known as “Cinnamoroll: Kurukuru Sweets Paradise” made in 2007. He additionally made appearances in Hi there Kitty video games like “Hi there Kitty: Large Metropolis Desires”, “Hi there Kitty Birthday Adventures” and “Loving Life with Hi there Kitty & Buddies” for the DS and “Hi there Kitty Seasons” on the Wii. Cinnamoroll’s mates (notably Cappuccino) additionally seem in sure areas in “Hi there Kitty Seasons”. Cinnamoroll additionally seems in Sanrio’s first and solely Massively multiplayer on-line role-playing sport known as Hi there Kitty On-line as an NPC in sure particular quests. The Cinnamoangels additionally made cameo appearances in Hi there Kitty On-line as statues in London alongside. Whereas Cinnamoroll’s buddy Mocha and Chiffon might be seen as one of many emoticons in a Cinnamoroll themed guild. Cinnamoroll additionally reveals up in “Hi there Kitty World” for the Android and iPhone as one of many characters you unlock when you add a brand new attraction once you attain a sure degree. Cinnamoroll can also be one of many racers in “Hi there Kitty Kruisers” which is out there for the Android, iPhone, Wii U, and Nintendo Swap.
A five-volume manga of the collection, titled Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamoroll (ふわふわ♥シナモン, Fuwafuwa ♥ Shinamon) was written by Chisato Seki and illustrated by Yumi Tsukirino. It was revealed in Japan from 2004 to 2007 by Shogakukan, serialized within the month-to-month journal Pucchigumi. In 2008, three particular volumes of the manga got here out in Japan known as “Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamoroll Colour Version” (カラー版 ふわふわ♥シナモン Karāban Fuwafuwa Shinamon) which had all of the pages for every manga in coloration and has model new tales. In 2005, a spin-off manga collection that centered on The Cinnamoangels was constituted of 2005 – 2008 known as “Puri Kawa Shinamonenjerusu!!” (プリ☆かわ☆シナモンエンジェルス!!) which focuses on Mocha, Chiffon, and Azuki doing numerous actions and attempting to draw boys. Viz Media began translating the manga in 2011 and was launched to English talking international locations in 2012.
Novels and Books
A novel adaptation titled Cinnamoroll: Cinnamon’s Wonderland Journey (シナモロール シナモンのふしぎ旅行, Shinamorōru Shinamon no fushigi ryokō) was launched by Kadokawa Shoten below the Tsubasa Bunko label on September 15, 2014 which stars Cinnamoroll and Poron going by way of numerous adventures together with doing time touring.
Cinnamoroll has a collection of three journey image books known as “Cinnamon Journey Ehon” (シナモントラベルえほん). One other Japanese Cinnamoroll e-book is “Cinnamon ga Ippai!, labelled as an “official fan e-book”.”
Cinnamoroll merchandise might be discovered far and vast, and in quite a few codecs. On a large span of internet sites virtually something Cinnamoroll-related might be found, from easy plushies to ornamental pens and t-shirts, displaying how profitable Sanrio’s lovable character has turn into not only for customers, however for firms to revenue off.
Characters of the collection had additionally appeared in numerous Sanrio Puroland and HarmonyLand stay reveals, parades, and occasions. Following their debut in 2007 with their first musical Cinnamon’s Door of Secrets and techniques (シナモンなしひみつの扉, Shinamon nashi himitsu no tobira).
Cinnamon was featured in a music video with the Japanese rock lady band Scandal. In June 2012, Sanrio teamed up with MasatakaP to create an animated video coinciding the character’s 10th Anniversary utilizing the MikuMikuDance software program. The video is dealt with by MastakaP for the animation whereas Intetsu, the Bassist of the band Ayabie handles the music. A downloadable model of Cinnamon to be used with MikuMikuDance software program was accessible by Sanrio till August 31, 2012. In October 2012, OSTER venture introduced an album known as “Cinnamon Journey!!”, which was launched in Japan on December 12, 2012. There are 9 songs within the album, every sung by Cinnamoroll and his mates together with the Cinnamoangels and Lloromannic. Every tune has its personal theme, resembling Mocha’s tune “Petit Paris” which takes place in Paris, France and “Hawaiian Angels” which takes place in Hawaii and is sung by the Cinnamoangels.
Cinnamoroll is the second hottest Sanrio character franchise subsequent to Hi there Kitty, by some means not what Sanrio had anticipated in such a short while. The recognition of Cinnamoroll and minor characters kicked off in 2005 to a “spinoff” known as The Cinnamoangels which options Cinnamoroll’s buddy Mocha, Chiffon and Azuki. In 2011, Cinnamoroll received his personal weblog on the Japanese running a blog and social networking web site Ameba. In 2012, Cinnamoroll celebrated his 10th anniversary. To have fun Cinnamoroll’s 10th Anniversary Tokyo’s Haneda Airport had a Cinnamoroll showcase displaying fan taken pictures and a few authentic Cinnamoroll footage. There may be additionally a Cinnamoroll statue that may be seen exterior Bandai Headquarters in Tokyo, Japan.
Nonetheless, Cinnamoroll’s official Twitter account suffered from an incident of cyberbullying in 2015. A gaggle of Twitter customers began responding to the account’s tweets with offensive feedback concerning the character in March 2015, and the disruption worsened in Could. On Could 11, a tweet from the official Twitter saying: “Chiffon: “Morning! Cinnamon doesn’t need to come all the best way out this morning, so I’ve come out as a substitute. I’ll shield Cinnamon, so I hope all his mates will take care of him too.”” was posted, referring to the continual bullying on account of haters. Sanrio have been additionally dissatisfied concerning the incident, and began to dam the culprits.
- “Cinnamoroll”. Sanrio. Archived from the unique on 30 October 2012. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- “Viz Media Launches Enjoyable, Lovely Youngsters’ Manga Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamoroll | Viz Media”. Viz.com. 12 January 2012. Archived from the unique on 30 April 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- “Information J-Music : SCANDAL chante pour Tofu Kozo 22/03/2011” (in French). Complete-manga.com. 24 March 2011. Archived from the unique on 30 March 2016. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- “Sanrio’s Cinnamoroll Animated Quick with Music Streamed”. Anime Information Community. 2012-06-21. Archived from the unique on 24 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- “サンリオ@シナモロール スタッフブログ. Retrieved September 27, 2020.
- “Cinnamon Take Me With You! Photograph Competition”. 47mon.com. Archived from the unique on April 9, 2012. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- “Sanrio pet Cinamoroll falls sufferer to harsh cyber bullying”. Waku Waku Japan. Archived from the unique on Could 19, 2015. Archived April 16, 2016, on the Wayback Machine
- Stimson, Eric (Could 16, 2015). “Innocent Sanrio Mascot Cinnamon Bullied on Twitter”. Anime Information Community.
- St. Michel, Patrick (June 9, 2015). “Meet Cinnamon, the lovable character who’s viciously bullied day-after-day in Japan”. Boing Boing.
- Bentham, Rachel (March 7, 2012). “Fluffy Fluffy Cinnamoroll Quantity 1”. Lively Anime.
- Carlson, Johanna Draper (2 January 2012). “Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamoroll E book 1”. Manga Value Studying. Comics Value Studying. Archived from the unique on April 23, 2012.
- Dacey, Katherine (January 6, 2012). “Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamoroll, Vol. 1”. The Manga Critic.
- McNeil, Sheena (January 16, 2012). “Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamoroll Vol. 1”. Sequential Tart.
- Silverman, Rebecca (April 21, 2012). “Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamoroll GN 1”. Anime Information Community.