Whether or not you could have a layover, in a single day sleepover or you might be simply shortly passing by way of, our London Gatwick Airport Information is a superb place to begin planning your go to. Right here, you’ll discover data on providers and amenities accessible contained in the airport – together with particulars about airport lounges, WiFi, cell charging factors, lockers, 24-hour meals choices, close by motels, and every part in between.
The police have been beautiful they even purchased me a espresso. -Holly
LGW Airport Overview
That will help you plan your layover or in a single day sleepover, here’s a fast run-down about what to anticipate throughout your time at Gatwick Airport.
What to Count on
London Gatwick Airport (Code: LGW) is situated roughly 50km southeast of Central London. There are two terminals: North and South and they’re linked landside by an automatic folks mover. Services and facilities are saved to a minimal. Travellers will discover some outlets and some eating places which are open 24-hours a day. There’s 90 minutes of free WiFi accessible; nevertheless, previous travellers have mentioned it may be sluggish and inconsistent. For these in search of slightly added consolation, there are first-class lounges, certainly one of which has showers, that financial system class passengers pays to entry. See Airport Lounges within the information beneath for places and entry data.
Sleeping in London Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Airport has some first rate locations to sleep in a single day. Landside areas of each terminals appear to have one of the best choices. Within the south terminal, there are mushy benches and armchairs, and within the north terminal there are snug seats on the decrease degree close to the espresso store. Airside, there are a couple of benches with out armrests the place you’ll be able to stretch out. Wherever you find yourself sleeping, it’s price bringing a sleep masks, earplugs or noise cancelling headphones, and a few heat layers because the airport could be brilliant, noisy and chilly. Discover our information to sleeping in London Gatwick Airport or learn some traveller airport evaluations for extra suggestions. In the event you’re in search of uninterrupted sleep, there are two motels contained in the airport providing day rooms and in a single day stays, and different motels close by which are linked by shuttles. See the Airport Inns part beneath for places.
As a result of present Covid-19 pandemic, all providers and instances listed beneath are topic to alter. Some providers and amenities might stay closed or function with diminished hours. Airport suggestions and strategies on this information and elsewhere on the location have been written earlier than March 2020 and will now not be legitimate. In case you are planning to sleep within the public space of the terminal in a single day, have a back-up plan! We’ve heard from a couple of travellers at different airports they usually weren’t permitted to remain in a single day. We’re undecided if that can apply to this airport, till a reader lets us know the present state of affairs. When you have a while to spare please write a evaluation, ship a tip or share images to assist future travellers.
For extra airport data proceed scrolling right down to discover extra in our Gatwick Airport Information.
On this information we might consult with places as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the general public space of the terminal situated within the non-secure zone, earlier than safety. Airside is the safe space of the terminal that you have to attain by going by way of safety. For extra data on Europe’s Schengen Space, click on right here.
London Gatwick Airport Inns, Day Rooms & Sleep Pods
- Nearest Resort: Contained in the Airport
- Sleep Cabins & Pods: Sure
- Day Rooms: Sure
- Close by Inns with Free Shuttles: Sure
When the prospect of sleeping on the ground or in a chair isn’t actually doing it for you, there’s excellent news for these of you who want to sleep at London’s Gatwick Airport in consolation. In case you are on a layover, you’ll have to cross by way of safety to the general public space of the airport the place there are motels linked to each terminals. The YotelAir within the South Terminal supply day rooms that may be booked for short-term stays from Four hours. Various close by motels supply airport transportation for a payment.
To verify charges and browse traveller evaluations go to our lodge companions at
South Terminal Inns
Inside Airport Bloc Gatwick – A finances lodge situated inside Gatwick’s South Terminal on the third Ground, Departures Degree, beside safety. » Examine Charges
Inside Airport YOTELAIR – Positioned within the South Terminal subsequent to Worldwide Arrivals, this finances airport lodge gives day rooms/ hourly (Four to 24 hours). Transit (airside) passengers will want legitimate entry into the UK to remain right here. » Examine Charges
At Airport Resort Hilton London Gatwick Airport – This lodge Related to the South Terminal by a coated walkway. Day rooms can be found 9:00AM – 6:00PM. » Examine Charges
North Terminal Inns
At Airport Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport – Instantly linked to the North Terminal by way of walkway, and linked to South Terminal by way of free shuttle service. The shuttle runs each 2 +/- minutes, 24 hours a day. » Examine Charges
At Airport Premier Inn London Gatwick North Terminal Resort – Positioned reverse the North Terminal, this lodge gives free 2-minute transfers to Gatwick’s South Terminal. » Examine Charges
At Airport Sofitel London Gatwick – A 4-star lodge linked on to the North Terminal by way of coated hyperlink bridge. Day rooms can be found 9:00AM – 6:00PM. » Examine Charges
Inns close to the airport
Close to the Airport Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central – A paid shuttle departs from South Terminal bus cease 9 and North Terminal bus cease 8. Shuttle charge is £Three per grownup, £1.50 per baby (as of October 2020). » Examine Charges
To see extra choices there’s a checklist of motels close to Gatwick Airport on Tripadvisor that may be sorted by value, distance, traveller score and recognition.
Pay-per-use, Single Go to Passes & Lounge Memberships
In case you are an financial system class traveller, you’ll be able to enter these lounges at London Gatwick airport by paying on the door, buying a lounge cross or by way of a lounge membership program. Go to the person lounge web page for extra particulars in regards to the lounge itself and to additionally discover out how one can acquire lounge entry with simply an financial system class ticket!
Passes Membership Aspire Lounge (North)– Location: North Terminal, Airside, Degree 1. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door • Pay as you go lounge passes • Lounge membership applications.
Passes Clubrooms (North Terminal) – Location: North Terminal, Airside. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door • Pay as you go lounge passes.
Passes My Lounge (North Terminal) – Location: North Terminal, Airside. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door • Pay as you go lounge passes • Lounge membership applications.
Passes No. 1 Gatwick Lounge (North Terminal) – Location: North Terminal, Airside. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door • Pay as you go lounge passes • Lounge membership applications.
Passes Clubrooms (South Terminal) – Location: South Terminal, Airside, Pier 1. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door • Pay as you go lounge passes.
My Lounge (South Terminal) – Location: South Terminal, Airside, Higher Degree, Departures. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door.
Passes No. 1 Gatwick Lounge (South Terminal) – Location: South Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Degree. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door • Pay as you go lounge passes • Lounge membership applications.
Passes Membership Aspire Lounge – Location: South Terminal, Airside. Lounge Entry: Pay as you go lounge passes • Lounge membership applications.
Regus Specific Enterprise Lounge – Location: South Terminal, Arrivals Concourse, Floor Ground. Showers can be found. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door.
In case you are a First or Enterprise Class traveller you will have entry to the lounges listed beneath. For extra data, verify the airline’s web site.
The Emirates Lounge – Location: North Terminal, Airside • Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse – Location: North Terminal, Airside • British Airways Membership Lounge – Location: South Terminal, Airside • British Airways First Lounge – Location: South Terminal, Airside.
Associated Pages: London Gatwick Airport Lounges
Airport WiFi / Web and Cellular Charging
Free limitless WiFi is offered at Gatwick Airport. Connect with the “Gatwick Free wi-fi” community and comply with the steps to enroll. The free WiFi is offered at speeds of as much as 50mbps. If sooner service is required, create a myGatwick account for speeds (free) of 100mbps. Moreover, self-service Surfbox web stations can be found all through the airport. All Surfbox kiosks have cell charging capabilities, and the landside Surfboxes even have printing amenities. Costs are clearly displayed, and cost is by coin or bank card.
Free charging factors are situated airside and landside all through the airport. If you need a hands-free methodology of charging, search for one of many ChargeBox kiosks. Positioned within the Departures lounges of each terminals, ChargeBox kiosks incorporates a gaggle of small lockers geared up with charging leads for many telephones. Telephones take about 30 – 90 minutes to completely cost. Simply plug in your cellphone, lock it up and take the important thing with you whilst you store or dine! Charge: £1.50 for 30 minutes.
Airport Companies, Services & Issues To Do On A Layover
Artwork within the Airport – The works of three completely different native artists are actually on show all through the airport. Try the distinctive mosaic celebrating Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee, the paintings is created with 5,500 photos of individuals from Sussex, Kent and Surrey. Location: South Terminal.
Responsibility Free and Purchasing – The airport gives 4 World Responsibility Free outlets, three of which function 24 hours a day: North Terminal Departures (Airside) and Arrivals • South Terminal Departures (Airside). A big number of retail shops can be accessible together with a couple of choices which are open 24 hours: Boots Drugstore (North Terminal Arrivals • South Terminal Arrivals) • London Information Firm (South Terminal, Landside) • WHSmith (South Terminal, Landside • North Terminal, Arrivals).
- Child Care Services – Designated rooms (marked with a babycare image) for the care and feeding of infants can be found within the check-in space, on the way in which to the gates, within the switch space, and after passport management in Arrivals. Diaper change folding tables are additionally accessible in mens’ and womens’ restrooms all through the airport.
- Child Meals – Boots Drugstore, situated each landside and airside, gives a pre-order service for child milk. Merely place your order 5-6 days earlier than your journey, and choose up put up safety, liberating up area in your hand baggage for different necessities. You possibly can heat up child bottles at Pret a Manger restaurant, situated airside in both terminal.
- Kids’s Play Space – While you need to guarantee your children burn off all their vitality earlier than their flight, take them to one of many youngsters’s play areas. The airport’s “Youngsters Zones” come geared up with toys and TVs for watching cartoons and different children’ exhibits. Places: North Terminal, Airside, departures • South Terminal, Airside, departures.
- Household Companies – Early check-in and bag drop, designated family-friendly parking bays and particular “Household Lanes” at safety are a number of the airport’s choices to help households in having a easy airport expertise.
- Strollers – Strollers can be found to be used on the airport to make getting across the airport along with your infant a lot simpler! The strollers can be found to make use of freed from cost , however require a £/€ 1,00 deposit which will likely be refunded upon the strollers being returned to assortment factors in Baggage Reclaim.
Health – If you wish to get out and benefit from the recent air, there’s a nationwide bicycle path that results in the airport. In keeping with a web site customer “the trail led shortly off the location and wound by way of a reasonably wooded suburban space”.
Meals & Drinks
- Consuming Water – Thirsty? The airport gives water fountains in each terminals to refill your water bottles. Alternatively, any restaurant will refill your water bottle for you.
- Meals & Drinks – Meals concessions all through the airport function with various schedules. These choices are open 24 hours:
- North Terminal: Costa (Arrivals) • Jamie’s Espresso (Landside) • Marks & Spencer Merely Meals (Landside) • Pret a Manger (Airside) • Starbucks (Airside) • The Nicholas Culpeper Pub & Eating (Landside).
- South Terminal: Caffѐ Nero (Landside) • Costa (Arrivals) • Marks & Spencer Merely Meals (Landside) • Pret a Manger (Departures, Airside) • Starbucks (Airside) • The Beehive (Landside, kitchen solely open 4:00AM – 10:30PM).
Info Desk – The airport gives a “Your Service Heart” in every Terminal. Workers may help out with every part from missed flights to supplying lounge data. Places: South Terminal (Reverse Zones J and Ok) • North Terminal (atrium reverse Zone D).
- Baggage Trolleys – Want a hand along with your baggage? Baggage trolleys can be found. Charges: a refundable deposit of £1 or €1 coin.
- Baggage Storage & Lockers – Extra Baggage Firm gives quick and long-term left baggage storage in each terminals on the following charges: £6.00 per bag/merchandise for as much as Three hours, £11.00 per bag/merchandise for Three hour as much as your first 24 hours, then £7.50 per bag/merchandise in your second 24-hour interval. After 72 hours, the speed is £5.00 per bag/merchandise per 24-hour interval. Baggage transport, baggage wrapping, courier, vacationer data and different providers can be found. Places: North Terminal, landside, Arrivals (Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM) • South Terminal, landside, Arrivals (Hours: Open 24 hours).
- Baggage Wrapping – Accessible at Extra Baggage Firm for a payment. See Baggage Storage & Lockers for places and hours.
Cellular Charging – see “Airport WiFi / Web and Cellular Charging” above.
- ATMs / Money Machines – Want money? ATMs can be found. All legitimate UK financial institution playing cards are accepted, in addition to bank cards. Charges might apply, so make sure you verify your financial institution’s payment schedule and your day by day withdrawal restrict if you’re travelling internationally. You might also need to notify your financial institution of your journey plans. Places: Landside and Airside in each terminals.
- Foreign money Alternate – Moneycorp has trade desks and ATMs situated all through each terminals. Hours: open 24 hours.
Newspapers – In your studying pleasure, the airport gives The London Night Customary newspaper, in addition to a number of widespread magazines, freed from cost! Search for the Inexperienced Bug Media pick-up factors airside on the way in which to the gates, and in addition at a number of airport eating places.
Postal Companies – Drop off your final minute postcards to family and friends from the airport’s mailboxes. Places: North Terminal, Landside, Examine-In, Degree 1 • North Terminal Landside, Examine-In, Degree 2 • North Terminal, Landside, Arrivals, Floor Ground • Landside, South Terminal, Landside, Arrivals, Degree 2 • South Terminal, Landside, Examine-in, Degree 2 • South Terminal, Landside, Departures, Degree 3
Prayer – The airport’s interfaith chapels supply quiet and peaceable locations to hope or meditate in each terminals. Scheduled providers are held by Anglican, Roman Catholic and Free Church chaplains, and Buddhist providers are held each Monday and on important non secular dates. Companies often final about 25 minutes. Places: North Terminal, landside, 1st Ground, subsequent to EasyJet buyer providers, earlier than entrance to Hampton by Hilton • South Terminal, landside, third Ground, close to Caffè Nero. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Relaxation & Rest
Showers – Showers can be found within the Regus Specific Enterprise Lounge. See Airport Lounges above.
Smoking – Smoking is barely permitted outdoors the terminal in designated areas. The one exception to that is on the terrace hooked up to the My Lounge (South Terminal), paid entrance to the Lounge is required. See Airport Lounges above.
Work Pods – Regus Specific has put in soundproof work pods that come geared up with free WiFi and cell charging. Places: North Terminal, Airside, Gates 104-105 • South Terminal, Airside, Gates 31-38. Charge: £10 per 30 minutes. Hours: open 24 hours.
WiFi – see “Airport WiFi / Web and Cellular Charging” above.
Associated Pages: Issues to do on a layover at London Gatwick Airport
The airport is open 24 hours.
London Gatwick airport is served by the next airways: Aegean Airways • Aeroflot • Air Arabia • Air Baltic • Air China • Air Europa • Air Malta • Air New Zealand • Air Transat • Aurigny • Austrian Airways • Azores Airways • Belavia • British Airways • Cathay Pacific • China Airways • China Jap Airways • Croatia Airways • EasyJet • Emirates • Enter Air • Finnair • Georgian Airways • Iberia Specific • Icelandair • Iraqi Airways • Jazeera • Degree • Montenegro Airways • Norwegian • Pegasus Airways • Qatar Airways • Royal Air Maroc • Rwandair • Ryanair • Swiss • TAP Portugal • Titan Airways • Journey Good Wings • TUIFly • Tunisair • Turkish Airways • Uzbekistan Airways • Virgin Atlantic • Vueling • WestJet • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Gatwick Airport is linked by native bus and coach service to greater than 100 UK cities and cities. Most buses entry the airport from the decrease forecourt at South Terminal, however some buses additionally serve the North Terminal, on the decrease degree outdoors of Worldwide Arrivals.
Listed here are some coach providers from Gatwick:
- Nationwide Specific gives low-cost, frequent 24-hour service between Gatwick and Victoria Coach Station (central London), Heathrow Airport, Brighton and Bristol.
- easyBus gives frequent and direct low-cost transfers between Gatwick and central London, with departures from 4:00AM – 1:00AM.
- Oxford Bus gives an hourly service between the airport and Oxford referred to as “The Airline”.
- Gatwick Flyer gives direct service between the South Terminal and Southend.
For data on fares, routes and timetables for each native and coach providers, go to the Gatwick Airport web site.
Well-known automotive rental suppliers can be found at Gatwick Airport. Firms embody: Alamo • Avis • Funds • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz • Nationwide • Sixt. Location: Automotive Rental Facility throughout from the North Terminal.
See Airport Inns above.
There’s a 24 hour terminal shuttle that runs each jiffy.
Taxis and minicabs will also be pre-booked earlier than or upon arrival. Each taxis and minicabs are licensed to move passengers, however whereas taxis could be employed with out a reservation, minicabs (by legislation) will not be allowed to take passengers with out a reservation. Don’t settle for rides from a minicab driver who approaches you to solicit a trip.
London Gatwick has a railway station on the South Terminal, linked to the North Terminal by way of free shuttle service. The Gatwick Specific is the quickest method to journey between the airport and central London, departing each 15 minutes for the 30 – 35 minute journey to and from London Victoria Station. For extra data, go to the Gatwick Airport web site.
Final up to date: 2020-10-21
This information is for informational functions solely to help along with your planning. All data, together with charges and hours, are topic to alter at any time with out discover. The knowledge on this airport information is predicated on data collected and/or acquired from the airports, lounges, motels, transportation suppliers and their websites. We’re not representatives of any of the above talked about service suppliers. To report errors or so as to add/replace any objects talked about within the information: replace the airport information or write a evaluation.