Whether or not you have got a layover, in a single day sleepover or you might be simply shortly passing via, our Zurich Airport Information is a good place to begin planning your go to. Right here, you’ll discover data on companies and amenities obtainable contained in the airport – together with particulars about airport lounges, WiFi, cell charging factors, lockers, 24-hour meals choices, close by lodges, and every little thing in between.
I discovered the airport very lovely. It’s huge and plenty of very useful individuals who spoke with me in my language. -mayss94
ZRH Airport Overview
That can assist you plan your layover or in a single day sleepover, here’s a fast run-down about what to anticipate throughout your time at Zurich Airport.
What to Anticipate
Zurich Airport (code: ZRH) is split into the Airport Heart and the Airside Heart. The Airport Heart homes landside actions like check-in counters and safety checkpoints. The Airside Heart serves because the hub for the three terminals/gate areas: A, B/D, and E. Terminal E is housed in a separate constructing, linked by the Skymetro underground practice. A brand new facility, presently below development, will change Terminal A upon completion in 2021.
Eating and purchasing are plentiful (and costly), although all shut by 10:00PM. Plan forward for late-night snacks, as no eateries keep open 24 hours. Different facilities embrace free WiFi, a delegated relaxation space with pay-to-use reclining chairs for napping, and pay-to-use showers. Financial system class passengers pays to entry a couple of of the airport lounges. See Airport Lounges within the information under for places and charges.
Sleeping in Zurich Airport
Airport safety is mostly tolerant of the few in a single day campers, they usually’ll possible examine your ID and boarding go. They might additionally hand out a brochure to the airport’s pay-to-use napping space in case you’re occupied with extra consolation – for a value. Travellers agree that the airside is extra comfy than landside. Most gates cool down by 11:00PM and benches provide some spots to stretch out. Frequent complaints are the chilly temps and vibrant lights — nothing that an additional layer and an eye fixed masks can’t repair. Discover our information to sleeping in Zurich Airport or learn some traveller airport evaluations for extra suggestions. For uninterrupted sleep, take a look at the transit resort at Gates B/D and the normal resort linked to the Airport Heart. Close by lodges additionally provide free or paid airport shuttles. See the Airport Motels part under for places.
Because of the present Covid-19 pandemic, all companies and occasions listed under are topic to vary. Some companies and amenities might stay closed or function with decreased hours. Airport suggestions and recommendations on this information and elsewhere on the location had been written earlier than March 2020 and will not be legitimate. In case you are planning to sleep within the public space of the terminal in a single day, have a back-up plan! We’ve heard from a couple of travellers at different airports they usually weren’t permitted to remain in a single day. We’re undecided if that may apply to this airport, till a reader lets us know the present state of affairs. You probably have a while to spare please write a evaluate, ship a tip or share pictures to assist future travellers.
For extra airport data proceed scrolling all the way down to discover extra in our Zurich Airport Information.
On this information we might discuss with places as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the general public space of the terminal positioned within the non-secure zone, earlier than safety. Airside is the safe space of the terminal that you could attain by going via safety. For extra data on Europe’s Schengen Space, click on right here.
- Nearest Lodge: Contained in the Airport
- Sleep Cabins or Pods: Sure
- Day Rooms: Sure
- Close by Motels with Free Shuttles: Sure
When the prospect of sleeping on the ground or in a chair isn’t actually doing it for you, there’s excellent news for these of you who wish to sleep at Zurich Airport in consolation. In case you are on a layover, you don’t must undergo safety as there’s a transit resort providing each short-term and in a single day charges. A resort inside strolling distance and a number of other extra close by lodges providing free airport shuttles are different choices.
To examine charges and browse traveller evaluations go to our resort companions at
In Transit Transit Lodge – Positioned within the transit space at Gates B/D. The transit resort provides non-public rooms and a relaxation space. The non-public rooms are outfitted with beds, tv and sink with working water. The remainder and leisure space has 12 bed-style seats in non-public cubicles. Blankets are offered. Showers are included in the price of the room and sleep chairs. Tub towel, toiletries and hair dryers are offered. Single Charges (Day): CHF 49 (Three hours) • CHF 59 (6 hours) • CHF 79 (greater than 6 hours). Double Charges (Day): CHF 65 (Three hours) • CHF 79 (6 hours) • CHF 99 (greater than 6 hours). Charges can be found for triple rooms and in a single day stays as nicely. The remainder & leisure space charges are: CHF 25 (Three hours) • CHF 30 (6 hours) • CHF 35 (greater than 6 hours). Electronic mail the resort at [email protected] to make a reservation.
At Airport Radisson Blu Lodge Zurich Airport – (.9 miles from airport) No airport shuttle. The resort is linked to the airport terminal through walkway. » Examine Charges
Close to Airport Mövenpick Lodge Zurich-Airport – (.9 miles from airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 5:10AM to 11:45PM. » Examine Charges
Close to Airport Vacation Inn Specific Zurich Airport – (1.6 miles from airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 5:00AM to 12:15AM. » Examine Charges
Close to Airport ibis funds Zurich Airport – (1.6 miles from airport) No airport shuttle. The resort is 2 tram stops away. » Examine Charges
To see extra choices there’s a record of lodges close to Zurich Airport on TripAdvisor that may be sorted by value, distance, traveller ranking and recognition.
Pay-per-use, Single Go to Passes & Lounge Memberships
No matter what class of service you might be flying, there are lounges you can enter by paying on the door, buying a lounge go or via a lounge membership program. Go to the person lounge web page for extra particulars in regards to the lounge itself and to additionally discover out how one can acquire lounge entry with simply an financial system class ticket!
Passes Aspire Lounge (Non-Schengen) – Location: Airside, Midfield Terminal E, Non-Schengen Space, 2nd Flooring, above Gate E45. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door • Pay as you go lounge passes • Lounge membership applications.
Passes Aspire Lounge (Schengen) – Location: Airside, Schengen Space, third ground of Airside Heart. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door • Pay as you go lounge passes • Lounge membership applications.
Passes Dnata Skyview Lounge – Location: Airside, 2nd ground of Airside Heart – Entry through Examine-In # 1 and Examine-In # 2. Lounge Entry: Pay on the Door • Pay as you go lounge passes • Lounge membership applications.
Passes Primeclass Lounge – Location: Airside, positioned by Gate E52. Showers can be found. Lounge Entry: Pay as you go lounge passes • Lounge membership applications.
Swiss Lounge D – Location: Airside, Non-Schengen Space, Transit Space D. Showers can be found. Lounge Entry: Lounge membership applications.
In case you are a First or Enterprise Class traveller you could have entry to the lounges listed under. For extra data, examine the airline’s site.
Emirates Lounge • SKYTEAM Lounge • Swiss Arrival Lounge • Swiss Enterprise Lounge • Swiss First Lounge • Swiss Senator Lounge • Swiss Senator/Enterprise Lounge.
Free WiFi is accessible at Zurich Airport for Four hours. Hook up with the “ZurichAirport” community. After you register, you’ll obtain a code by textual content message (if you’re unable to obtain an SMS, head to a boarding go scanner to obtain your entry code). After the Four hour time restrict, you’ll be able to wait 5 hours for an additional free 4-hour time interval, or you should purchase further time at 6.90 CHF for 1 hour, 9.90 CHF for Four hours, or 14.90 CHF for 24 hours.
Moreover, web kiosks can be found each landside and airside. The primary 60 minutes are free.
- Publish Workplace – Ship your final minute postcards to family and friends from the airport’s put up workplace. Swiss Publish Location: Airport Heart Hours: 7:30AM – 9:00PM Mon-Fri and eight:00AM – 9:00PM Sat, Solar and public holidays.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Web” above.
- Household Providers – To ease the burden of journey for households with youngsters, Zurich Airport has offered two Household Providers rooms. Every room has diaper altering tables, child care merchandise on the market, rooms for sleeping and breastfeeding, kitchenette with microwave and utensils, and a big and colourful playroom with toys for the little ones and Ps and laptop video games for older youngsters. Babysitting isn’t obtainable, however the rooms have baby care specialists readily available for help and assist. Places: airside, on the A Gates (subsequent to switch desk) Hours: 6:30AM – 10:00PM • airside, on the E Gates, 1st Flooring, Arrival Stage West Hours: 7:00AM – 1:00PM.
- Treasure Hunt – A enjoyable option to go time and maintain the children occupied, the “Treasure Hunt Information” assessments your data as you discover the airport in the hunt for hidden treasures. Get your free information on the Service Heart or on the ticket desk for Statement Deck B. Accessible in German solely.
- Strollers – Getting across the airport together with your baby is way simpler with the assistance of an airport stroller. Strollers can be found to be used for kids Four years previous and below. You may decide one up at check-in and go away it at your gate earlier than departing. Fee is CHF 5.00 per stroller (money solely). Location: Examine-In 1 or 2, Careport Counter.
- Health – Must burn off some power whereas on the airport? Drop in charges can be found on the Airport Health and Wellness Heart and embrace health gear/courses, sauna entry, private coaching and rather more. Location: Floor ground of the Radisson Blu Lodge, Airport Heart. Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM (Mon-Fr) • 9:00AM – 7:00PM (Sat-Solar). Charges: CHF 35. You can too pay to make use of the showers amenities, see showers under.
- Sports activities Tools Leases – Benefit from the outside? In case you are an lively traveller, the world round Zurich Airport is right for outside exercise and contemporary air in between flights. Bicycles, inline skates and nordic strolling poles for males, girls and youngsters can be found for lease on the airport. Charges: Bicycles (together with protecting gear) – CHF 27.00 (as much as Four hours) or CHF 35.00 (full day) • Inline Skates (together with protecting gear) – CHF 15.00 (as much as Four hours) or CHF 20.00 (full day) • Nordic adjustable strolling poles – CHF 10.00 (as much as full day). Location: Service Heart, multi-story automobile park 2, 1st ground.
Meals & Drinks
- Meals & Drinks – Meals concessions all through the airport function with various schedules. On the time of this replace, there are not any 24-hour eating choices. You will discover some eating places opening at 5:30AM and most shut by 10:00PM.
- Info Desk – There are 7 Service & Info Desks. Places: Arrival 1 • Arrival 2 • Service Heart Automobile Park P2 • Examine-in 2 • Airside Heart • Statement Desk • Reception Operations Heart. Hours: fluctuate by location with a couple of open as early as 5:30AM and shutting at 11:30PM. Along with offering normal data, the employees may lease bikes and strollers, promote bathe passes and practice tickets and rather more.
- Journey Businesses – In case you are arriving in Zurich and want native preparations or assist planning a extremely final minute journey overseas, there are a variety of journey companies with workplaces on the airport that may most likely be of help. APG Switzerland • Asia 365 • DER Touristik • Dorado Latin Excursions • Frantour • Globus Reisen • Helvetic Excursions • Lodge Plan • Kontiki • L’Tur Tourismus • Luftreisebüro Swiss • MSBT • Manta Reisen • Putnik Journey • Railtour Suisse • Journey Home • Twerenbold Reisen. Businesses could be present in Examine-in Space 1, Examine-in Space 2, Airport Heart, Operation Heart and Bus Terminal.
- Baggage Carts – Want a hand together with your baggage? Baggage Carts can be found freed from cost all through the airport.
- Baggage Storage & Lockers – Retailer your baggage on the left baggage storage room or lockers obtainable.
- Left Baggage Room – Charges are as follows: €5 – €7 per bag for Four hours • €6 – €9 per bag for as much as 12 hours • €8 – €12 per bag for as much as 24 hours. Decreased charges space obtainable for longer storage. Clothes or purchasing baggage value €5 per day. Location: subsequent to the Service Heart in automobile park 2 (stage 1). Hours: 6:00AM – 10:30PM.
- Lockers – Baggage will also be saved within the coin-operated lockers for a most of 72 hours. Common charges are €9 – €12/locker/24 hours. CHF and Euro cash are accepted. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Baggage Wrapping – Defend your baggage from theft and harm by having your baggage wrapped in plastic by Secure Bag. Location: Examine-in Space 2. Hours: 5:30AM – 9:30PM. Charges: Unknown.
- Medical Providers – Pressing and emergency medical care is accessible on the Airport Medical Heart in Prime Heart 1. Hours: 7:30AM – 8:30PM. Pressing and emergency dental care is accessible on the Airport Dental Providers clinic. Hours: 7:00AM – 7:00PM (Mon – Sat). Pressing/emergency eye care is accessible on the Airport Medical Heart Eye Clinic from 8:00AM – 5:30PM (Mon-Fri). All clinics could be present in Airport Heart, close to Examine-In 1. There’s additionally an ambulatory bodily remedy and rehabilitation middle (RehaCenter Zurich Airport). Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM (Mon-Thurs) • 7:30AM – 4:00PM (Fri).
- Pharmacy – Amavita operates Three pharmacies. Places: Airside Heart (6:00AM – 10:00PM) • Airport Heart (7:00AM – 9:00PM) • Examine-in 1 (6:00AM – 10:00PM).
- Cell Charging – A traveller suggested us that “there are a set of three plugs collectively each Three chairs and energy retailers within the loos – airside”. (SFT, Could 2018)
- ATMs / Money Machines – Want money? ATMs can be found. Charges might apply, so remember to examine your financial institution’s payment schedule and your each day withdrawal restrict if you’re travelling internationally. You may additionally wish to notify your financial institution of your journey plans. Places: Landside and Airside.
- Foreign money Change – Credit score Suisse, Travelex and USB present forex companies in 15+ places each Airside and Landside. Hours fluctuate however most are open from 6:00AM – 10:00PM. There are additionally 24 hour ATM forex dispensers obtainable.
- Chapel Providers – Providers offered by Evangelical Church and the Roman Catholic Church. Location: Landside, Examine-in 2. Hours: unknown.
Relaxation & Leisure
- Motels – see “Airport Motels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Relaxation Zones – In Transit Space D, one can find 12 comfy reclining chairs with wool blankets close to the Day rooms (lockers are additionally offered to your valuables). [ see Airport Hotels above ]. Charges: CHF 25.00 (Three hours), CHF 30.00 (6 hours), CHF 35 (greater than 6 hours).
Take precaution even when sleeping in the remainder zones. In December 2019, a traveller at one other airport reported that cash and bank cards had been stolen from their bag although the bag was proper beside them. Defend and lock your baggage as you’ll sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Responsibility Free and Purchasing – The airport provides a number of Responsibility Free outlets in addition to sufficient outlets for a small purchasing middle. There are 2 branches of Coop Meals Pronto (Airport Heart) which can be open 6:00AM – 11:00PM.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – There are 4 bathe amenities you can pay to make use of. Places: Landside, Service Heart, multi-storey automobile park 2, stage 1. (Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM) • Airside, Transit D, subsequent to the day rooms. (Hours: open 24 hours) • Airside, Household Providers at Gates E. (Hours 7:00AM – 1:00PM) • Airport Health and Wellness Heart on the Radisson Blu Lodge (Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM Mon-Fri and 9:00AM – 7:00PM Sat-Solar). Charges: CHF 15 at airport bathe rooms and CHF 15 (bathe bundle solely) or CHF 35 (full gymnasium day go) on the Radisson Blu location. Worth contains bathtub towel, toiletries and hair dryers are additionally offered. In case you require extra toiletries you should purchase them on the reception desk at both the Transit Lodge or the Household Providers centre.
- Spa & Salon Providers – Shanty Magnificence Design nail bar Location: Airport Heart, close to P2 car parking zone. Hours: 8:00AM – 9:00PM • Airport Jet Hairstyle is a full-service hair salon Location: Airport Heart Hours: 8:00AM – 9:00PM • McCoiffure provides cuts and colouring. Location: Airport Heart Hours: 8:00AM – 9:00PM • Airport Health and Wellness Heart on the Radisson Blu Lodge gives massages (Hours: see Showers above).
- People who smoke Lounges – There are 22 people who smoke lounges: Four are positioned landside and 18 are positioned airside.
Issues to do & see
- Airport Excursions – Discover out what occurs on the airport throughout a behind-the-scenes airport tour. The areas visited embrace: the aprons, Pier A, and the Airside Heart, after which via the tunnel beneath runway 28 to Pier E, the place you will get out of the bus and luxuriate in a close-up view of plane touchdown and taking off. Days: excursions for people depart on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Examine the Statement Deck for the present schedule. Tour Length: 1 hour 15min. Fee: CHF 8.00 (adults) / CHF 4.00 (baby). Buy tickets on the remark deck.
- Statement Deck – Watch pilots within the cockpits via particular multimedia binoculars from Statement Deck B, the airport’s major remark deck. A miniature airport playground is accessible for the little ones, or you’ll be able to take your children on the self-guided SWISS Child’s Tour, which features a coloring e-book and twelve interactive studying stations. Throughout the summer time months, Statement Deck E is open for viewing long-haul airplanes. Statement Deck E could be reached by free shuttle bus from Statement Deck B. Tickets for Statement Deck B are CHF 5.00 for adults and CHF 2.00 for youths (children below age 10 are free). Location: entrance subsequent to Examine-In 2, however you could clear safety first. Hours for Statement Deck B: 9:00AM – 7:00PM (closed at 5:00PM throughout winter months). Shuttle buses for Statement Deck E run in 30 minute intervals.
Different Airport Providers & Services
- Shoe Restore – Break a heel, want a key minimize or a memento engraved? Head to Jet Service TAN. Location: Examine-in Space 3. Hours: 8:00AM – 9:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Zurich airport is served by the next airways: Aegean Airways • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Baltic • Air Cairo • Air Canada • Air China • Air Europa • Air France • Air Malta • AirSerbia • Alitalia • American Airways • Austrian Airways • BA Metropolis Flyer • BH Air • British Airways • Bulgaria Air • Cathay Pacific • Corendon • Croatia Airways • Cyprus Airways • Delta • easyJet • Edelweiss • EL AL Israel Airways • Emirates • Etihad Airways • Eurowings • Finnair • Fly Egypt • Freebird • Hainan • Helvetic Airways • Iberia • Icelandair • KLM • Korean Air • LOT • Lufthansa • Montenegro Airways • Oman Air • Onur Air • Orange2Fly • Pegasus Airways • Qatar Airways • Royal Air Maroc • Royal Jordanian • SAS • Sichuan Airways • Singapore Airways • Smartwings • SunExpress • Swiss • Tailwind Airways • TAP Portugal • Thai Airways • Tunisair • Turkish Airways • Twin Jet • Ukraine Worldwide Airways • United Airways • Vueling.
The coated bus terminal at Zurich is the most important and best-connected bus terminal in Switzerland, offering direct entry to Examine-In, the Zurich Airport Railway Station, the Glattalbahn Tram cease and the Airport Heart. Sixteen bus and Postbus routes serve Zurich Airport.
Flugbus provides transportation from central Switzerland to Zurich Airport, arriving on the airport as early as 5:00AM to catch these morning flights. For extra data, go to the Flugbus web site.
Particular companies buses function in the course of the winter, transporting passengers between ZRH airport and ski resorts within the Swiss Alps and throughout the border.
For bus routes, cease, schedules and fares, go to the Zurich Airport Regional Transportation web page on the Zurich Airport web site.
A big number of well-known rent automobile firms are readily available to supply help. Automobile rental firms embrace: Alamo • Avis • Finances • Greenback/Thrifty • Enterprise • Europcar • Flughafen Zurich • Hertz • Nationwide • Sixt. Location: Airport Heart, Stage 01. Most function from 6:00AM – 11:30PM.
Offering quick and wallet-friendly floor transportation round Zurich, Glattalbahn Tram serves the airport alongside two routes: No. 10 runs each 7.5 -15 minutes between the airport and Zurich Hauptbahnhof (major railway station) through Glattpark, Oerlikon and Irchel; and No. 12 runs each 15 minutes between the airport and Stettbach railway station through Glattbrugg and Wallisellen station, with many interchange choices alongside the best way. For schedules, routes and fares, go to the Zurich Airport Regional Transportation web page on the Zurich Airport web site.
These space lodges present courtesy airport shuttles for his or her company (bus cease on curbside lane between Arrivals 1 and a couple of): Hilton Zurich Airport • Vacation Inn Specific Zurich Airport • Allegra Lodge • Lodge FlyAway • Ibis Zurich Messe Airport • Movenpick Zurich Airport • Movenpick Zurich Regensdorf • Welcome Inn
Examine-In All Methods gives a shared journey service completely serving lodges within the metropolis middle. Shuttles depart each 30 minutes from the curbside in entrance of Arrivals 2 between 6:30AM – 11:00PM. Like common shared journey companies, the charges for a journey with Examine-In All Methods is dependent upon the quantity of passengers driving and the locations requested, per shuttle.
See additionally Airport Motels above.
Taxis are available in entrance of Arrivals 1 and a couple of. Official airport taxis are all-white, with an illuminated signal that claims “Airport Taxi”. All official airport taxis take bank card, present VAT-compliant receipts and have multi-lingual drivers. Taxi coordinators can be found onsite throughout peak hours. On the time of this replace, the typical one-way fare from the airport to the town middle is CHF 70 (€ 56).
With about 350 rail connections, the Zurich Airport Railway Station is likely one of the best-connected rail stations in Switzerland. The SBB Journey Centre is positioned below the Airport Heart within the Examine-in Three space. Ticket counters are open from 6:15AM – 10:30PM, however tickets are additionally obtainable from merchandising machines.
Final up to date: 2020-10-21
This information is for informational functions solely to help together with your planning. All data, together with charges and hours, are topic to vary at any time with out discover. The data on this airport information relies on data collected and/or acquired from the airports, lounges, lodges, transportation suppliers and their internet sites. We’re not representatives of any of the above talked about service suppliers. To report errors or so as to add/replace any objects talked about within the information: replace the airport information or write a evaluate.